India Post invites online applications from eligible applicants to fill the vacancies of 40,889 Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) in 34 different postal circles. Gramin Dak Sevaks include Branch Postmaster (BPM), Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM), and Dak Sevak.
Applicants must have a 10th pass certificate and know the local language. In addition, the applicants should have skills in computers and cycling.
There are 40,889 vacancies in 34 circles in all. The number of vacancies in each circle is as follows:
- Andhra Pradesh – Telugu : 2480 Posts
- Assam – Assamese/Asomiya : 355 Posts
- Assam – Bengali/Bangla : 36 Posts
- Assam – Bodo : 16 Posts
- Bihar – Hindi : 1461 Posts
- Chhattisgarh – Hindi : 1593 Posts
- Delhi – Hindi : 46 Posts
- Gujarat – Gujarati : 2017 Posts
- Haryana – Hindi : 354 Posts
- Himachal Pradesh – Hindi : 603 Posts
- Jammu Kashmir – Hindi/Urdu : 300 Posts
- Jharkhand – Hindi : 1590 Posts
- Kerala – Malayalam : 2462 Posts
- Karnataka – Kannada : 3036 Posts
- Madhya Pradesh – Hindi : 1841 Posts
- Maharashtra – Konkani/Marathi : 94 Posts
- Maharashtra – Marathi : 2414 Posts
- North Eastern – Bengali : 201 Posts
- North Eastern – Hindi/English : 395 Posts
- North Eastern – Manipuri/English : 209 Posts
- North Eastern – Mizo : 118 Posts
- Odisha – Oriya : 1382 Posts
- Punjab – Hindi/English : 6 Posts
- Punjab – Punjabi : 760 Posts
- Rajasthan – Hindi : 1684 Posts
- Tamilnadu – Tamil : 3167 Posts
- Telangana – Telugu : 1266 Posts
- Uttar Pradesh – Hindi : 7987 Posts
- Uttarakhand – Hindi : 889 Posts
- West Bengal – Bengali : 2001 Posts
- West Bengal – Hindi/English : 29 Posts
- West Bengal – Nepali : 54 Posts
- West Bengal – Nepali/Bengali : 19 Posts
- West Bengal – Nepali/English : 24 Posts
Where to Apply
The mode of application is online and applications are to be submitted at https://indiapostgdsonline.gov.in. Registration/Application submission starts on 27-Jan-2023 and ends on 16-Feb-2023.
Reservation, Age Relaxation, and Other Details
How to apply
First, candidates must read the instructions and guidelines given in the recruitment notification carefully. The notification link is here (Recruitment Notification).
Follow the following three important steps:
1. Online registration.
2. Payment of application fees.
3. Online application.
While filling out the application online, the applicant is required to upload the following documents in the formats and sizes as prescribed. It is advised to keep the scanned documents ready in softcopy.
For further details, pleas read the notification carefully.