India Post has released a notification inviting applications from eligible candidates for the post of Staff Car Driver (Ordinary grade). The recruitment is to fill 58 vacancies in its Tamilnadu Circle only.
All interested candidates have to visit the India Post’s official website and read carefully the notification provided for the post. The notification contains important instructions and guidelines for applying for the post. The notification also provides the formats for the Application form, Caste Certificate for SC/ST, Caste Certificate for OBC, Income & Asset Certificate for EWS, etc.
The application mode is not online, instead, candidates have to take a printout of page 4 of the notification where provided the application format. Then, the application in the prescribed format completed in all respect should be sent to “The Senior Manager (JAG), Mail Motor Service, No.37, Greams Road, Chennai – 600 006” on or before 31-Mar-2023 by 17.00 hours through Speed Post/Registered Post only. Application received by any other means will be rejected.
Candidates can find the links for accessing the official website and the notification directly in the “Important Website Links” section in “Key Points” below.
Posts, Total Vacancies, Pay Scale
Education & Experience
Important Website Links
Break up of vacancies in Region, Division/Unit and Community wise
- Application should be filled in one of the languages- Hindi / English / Tamil without corrections and duly signed by the candidate.
- 2 recent passport size photographs are needed. Out of the 2 photos, one should be affixed at the place meant for it on the application form and should be duly self attested by the candidate. And the other one should be enclosed along with application.
- An Indian Postal order for Rs. 100/- (or) UCR receipt to be taken in any post office should be enclosed towards application fee. SC/ST/Women candidates do not need any fees.
- If Reservation / Category selected, Certificate issued by competent authority in prescribed format should be enclosed. The format has been given in the notification.
- If Ex-Servicemen category selected, service & trade proof copy should be enclosed.
- Self attested photocopies of the following certificates should also be enclosed:
- Age proof
- Educational Qualification
- Community certificate
- Income and Asset certificate (for EWS candidates)
- Valid driving license
- Experience certificate
For more details, please go through the section “Instruction to Candidates” in the notification.