Assam Public Service Commission (APSC)-Junior/Assistant Engineer Recruitment-2023
Happy news for the aspirants seeking Government jobs! Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) has released notifications inviting applications from eligible candidates to fill the vacancies for Junior Engineers and Assistant Engineers.
Assam Public Service Commission (APSC)-Junior/Assistant Engineer Recruitment-2023 offers you 73 posts of Junior Engineer and 244 posts of Assistant Engineer, proclaiming the vacancies in two separate notifications.
The online application window for the Junior Engineer post will remain open from 21-Mar-2023 to 20-Apr-2023 and for the Assistant Engineer post from 22-Mar-2023 to 21-Apr-2023.
Category-wise distribution of the 73 vacancies for Junior Engineer is as given below:
- SC – 21
- STP – 40
- STH – 12
Category-wise distribution of the 244 vacancies for Assistant Engineer is as given below:
- OBC/MOBC – 64
- SC – 27
- STP – 27
- STH – 9
- Open Category – 117
The mode of application for Assam Public Service Commission (APSC)-Junior/Assistant Engineer Recruitment-2023 is online. Hence applicants are required to apply online through APSC’s recruit website only. No other means/mode of application is valid.
Candidates should read the Recruitment Notification carefully and make sure their eligibility meets all the eligibility criteria mentioned in the notification. The website link for the application is given in the section “Important Links” in the “Notification Summary” below.
For Junior Engineer
For Assistant Engineer
Post, Number of Posts, Pay Scale
Junior Engineer (Civil)
Assistant Engineer (Civil)
Age Relaxation For Junior Engineer
Age Relaxation For Assistant Engineer
Apart from English, the candidate for both posts should have adequate knowledge of at least one official language of the State of Assam (Assamese, Bengali, or Bodo), except for candidates belonging to Karbi Anglong Autonomous Council and Dima Hasao Autonomous Council.
For Junior Engineer
For Assistant Engineer
- 1) Applicants are required to apply online through APSC’s recruitment website. No other means/ mode of application will be accepted and the Application will be summarily rejected.
- 2) Applicants who have not registered yet, in Online Recruitment Portal of APSC are first required to go to the APSC’s recruitment website https://apscrecruitment, in and register themselves by clicking on, Register Here, link and complete the One Time Registration (OTR) process by providing basic details.
- 3) Candidates are advised to register with valid and active e-mail address in the online application. Interview schedule and requirements with regard to copies of certificates to be submitted in respect of claims made in the online application, will be intimated to the candidates through the website of the commission in due course of time.
- 4) After creating an account, applicants need to login with the credentials.
- 5) After login, applicants need to provide One Time Registration details such as Personal Information, Educational Qualification, Work Experience, Photo (Min size-S0 KB & Max size-200 KB and not older than 3 months) & Signature (Min size-50 KB & Max size-200 KB) and other required documents, Once these details are submitted, applicants will be able to download the One Time Registration details. Then applicants can click on Applicant Section => Apply Section link for application form submission.
- 6) The applicants are advised to read the eligibility criteria and other relevant details carefully before applying for the advertisement. Mandatory fields in the online form are marked with – (asterisk) sign.
- 7) Candidates must submit the details of documents like Certificate No., Issue date, Issuing authority and upload the documents/certificates (whenever asked for) in support of the claims made by them in the Application Form like, Date of Birth, Experience, Qualification(s) etc., or any other information, in PDF file in such a way that the file size does not exceed 2 MB and is legible when a printout taken. For that purpose, the applicant may scan the documents/certificates in 200 dpi grey scale.
- 8) Pass certificate/ mark sheet of the degree furnished must clearly state the name of the candidate and degree awarded to him/her or subjects are specified as per Advertisement.
- 9) Document details submitted in the online application form will be verified at the time of personal Viva-Voce Interview.
- 10) Applicant should carefully fill all the information as asked in the application form and click on the declarations checkbox to enable the ‘Preview’ button before final submission.
- 11) Applicants must ensure all relevant fields in the application are filled in correctly before final submission, since editing after final submission will not be allowed.
- 12) Documents such as educational Qualification, age proof, caste etc., required to be uploaded should be checked by going to the preview option before final submission to ensure that the documents are in legible condition.
- 13) After previewing the details filled in by the applicant he/she can either click ‘submit’ for final submission or click ‘cancel’ button for necessary corrections before final submission of the Application Form.
- 14) On completion of form submission applicant has to pay application fee along with processing fee as applicable.
- 15) On successful completion of your complete application, an auto-generated email message will be sent on your registered email-id.
- 16) After submitting the Online Application, the candidates are required to take out a print out of the finally submitted online Recruitment Application and retain the hardcopy of the online Application Form.
To avail application fees relaxation prescribed for SC/ST/OBC/MOBC/BPL/PwBD, candidates must produce certificate of the claimed category issued by a competent authority.
Candidates must read the notification for the Assam Public Service Commission (APSC)-Junior/Assistant Engineer Recruitment-2023 carefully. Additional information and detailed instructions and guidelines (such as “Documents/Certificates To Be Produced At The Time Of Interview”) are available in it.