Indian Navy invites online applications from eligible candidates to fill 248 vacancies of Tradesman Skilled. Selected candidates normally will have to serve in NADs (Naval Armament Depot) under administrative control of (a) Headquarters, Western Naval Command, Mumbai, (b) Headquarters, Eastern Naval Command, and Visakhapatnam. They can however be posted anywhere in India at Naval units / formations as per administrative requirement.
The total vacancies are 248:
- Ammunition Mechanic – 20
- Driver Crane Mobile – 06
- Electric Fitter – 13
- Electronic Fitter – 20
- Fitter Armament – 55
- Fitter General Mechanic (GW) – 36
- Fitter Electronic (GW) – 12
- Fitter Electrical (GW) – 12
- General Mechanic Fitter – 18
- Machinist – 08
- Painter – 02
- Shipwright (Joiner) – 02
- Torpedo Fitter – 44
- Ministry of defence, government of India
- Opening date of online registration : 07-Feb-2023
- Last date of online registration : 06-Mar-2023
- Tradesman Skilled- 248 vacancies
- Only Indian nationals can apply for the post.
- For Skilled (Ammunition Mechanic) – Matriculation or equivalent from a recognized Board with Two years’ Certificate Courses from a recognized Industrial Training Institute (ITI) under the Craftsmanship Training Scheme in any of the Electrician / Electronic Mechanic / Electroplater / Fitter / Instrument Mechanic / Machinist / Mechanic, Communication Equipment Maintenance trade.
- For other posts – Matriculation or equivalent from a recognized Institute/Board with knowledge of English and also should have completed Apprenticeship training in the relevant trade for the post. Or Mechanic or equivalent with two years of regular service in the appropriate Technical Branch of the Army, Navy and Air Force.
- Age: 18 – 25 years
- Upper age relaxation: 5 years for SC, ST, and 3 years for OBC. Upper age relaxation for differently abled and Ex-servicemen is as per extant rules issued by the Govt. of India from time-to-time.
- Age will be determined as on the last date of submission of application as per notification.
- (a) Screening of Applications: There will not be detailed scrutiny of applications received online to allow candidates to appear for the examination. Detailed scrutiny of documents will be carried out at a subsequent stage.
- (b) Shortlisting of Applications: The appointing authority reserves the right to shortlist the applications as deemed appropriate, and only the shortlisted candidates will be called for the written test.
- (c) Written Examination: All eligible candidates will have to appear for the written examination consisting of objective type questions. Date, time and venue of written examination will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates on registered E-mail IDs.
- Mumbai, Karwar, Goa, Visakhapatnam, Rambili, Sunabeda,
Where to Apply
Candidates are required to apply online using the website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in >> Join Navy >> Ways to join >> Civilian >> Tradesman Skilled / NAD.
Go to the direct link https://nad.recttindia.in/Home/Home and apply on or before 06-Mar-2023.
Before filling online application form, candidates are advised to download Important Document and Advertisement/Notification .
How to apply
For detailed instructions on application procedures, please carefully refer to “Guidelines for filling Online Application” in the notification carefully.